Nurse Tip # 2: Stages of Grief
Just remember the 5 letter-phase of undergoing grief.
- D enial - Where the person can’t accept the fact that he or she is undergoing the “real deal” of a circumstance. He/she is in a state where he/she doesn’t want to face reality.
- A nger - The person is in a state of severe anxiety and being outrageous of the experience. Trying to blame on him/herself or may endup blaming others as well.
- B argaining - Trying to ask for “second chances”. If given a chance to make it right and prevent the event.
- D epression - The more loneliness. The more sadness is being felt. The normal depression should only last up to 6 months more than that can lead to a more serious psychological depressional stage.
- A cceptance - After surpassing such trial, is a sign of being able to move on and as well as to face the reality openly.
Every person normally undergo this kind of stages.It only depends on how the person usually last on a particular stage. The earlier it is, the better the person can actually move forward.
Nurse Tip # 1: SUICIDE
Who are risks for SUICIDE? People who usually manifests this kind of signs and symptoms are usually the one at risk for committing an act of killing themselves.
- People who are higher in chances in doing such are the ones suffering from their own loneliness, frustrations and as well as depression.
People who are like this should be monitored and as well given enough attention to avoid such commission of the sin and act.
31/365. “I Survived Nursing +” shirt.
#doodle #self #planner #2013 #instadoodle #art #glasses #cute #nursing #instalike #tags #tagsforlikes #instamood #portrait #kawaii #Day31#doodles
NURSING: What’s it got to do with Science?
I used to think when I was in my elementary years and days that SCIENCE is one of those subjects that will really fascinates you and make you believe in concepts that are really out of these dimensions that we are in. It is one of those subjects that you’ll find as expiremental, explorative and well amazing! But I never really consider it as one of those subjects that I can consider and treat as one of my favorites.
Then, high school came into picture where it was tackled more into a specific field as I progressed in my secondary years.
- APPLIED SCIENCE (1st year) - the BASIC concepts of Science is being reviewed here, mostly those that were tackled during my elementary years.
- BIOLOGY (2nd year) - they told me that when you are going to take courses that are related to life and medicine this will be very helpful. I even brag that this won’t be any of help for me when I will entered college.
- CHEMISTRY (3rd year) - this was one of those subjects that I really find very much CHALLENGING, you will really and mostly use most parts of your neurons. NEURON DRAINAGE much!!!
- PHYSICS (4th year) - FORMULAS! Who won’t forget those dozens of memorizations that you need to practice and remember just to past this subject. It short this field almost tackles everything about the enigma of SCIENCE. It’s almost the INCEPTION of Science.
Then I entered college, who would have thought that I actually took up a course that was SCIENCE-RELATED where in fact I was really aiming for and looking forward to a field that is congruent with my passion - for arts.
I end up taking up NURSING - BSN (Bachelor of SCIENCE in Nursing). I end up having three titles from it.
- Registered Midwife
- Registered Nurse
So, it was just ironic that I end up with a field that 360 degrees embraces the subject and field of Science. And today as I also want to progress with my degrees, I’m still having thoughts on taking up Medicine. Yes! You read it right, I am actually going to pursue another degree that is more and let’s speak redundant here MOSTLY related to the field of Science. :))))
It’s Been A Year
It’s been a year since the result of the NURSING LICENSURE EXAMINATION was released and I was really happy to see my name. Atlast, I was indeed a registered nurse and there I was having fulfillment after the studying and taking up the course of BSN.
Today, somewhat I feel blessed and I really thank my Lord for always guiding me and showering me with His graces.
It’s been a year.
It’s been a year that I was able to hold my license and able to somewhat practice my profession in a nursing related field.
- I am currently a Medical Assistant in CSCDI (Child Sponsorship for Community Devt. Inc.) and;
- I am a coach in a review center in EQA (Emotionally Quotient Academy) w/ PIPCDC.
I may not be able to practice my “real” profession in the hospital, but I’m still waiting for what the Lord hath enstored for me. I know that if I just wait, everything will work out just fine. Isaiah 40:31.
Hm. Sobrang tawa ko ngayong araw.
Ngayon na nagbaback read ako, kapag may nakikita akong nakakatawa, sumasakit ang LUQ (Left Upper Quadrant) ko. :/ Hm.
Nakakatakot pa naman kung ano pwedeng maging sakit. Hm.
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Viral Gastroenteritis.
- Acute Pancreatitis.
- Polycystic Kidney Disease.
As far kung sign and symptoms ang pagbabasehan, IBS ag pinakamalapit. Haihai.
Masakit talaga siya ngayon. Ampfufu.
D75: WHAT IS ONE OF THE BEST DREAMS YOU HAVE EVER HAD.
PASS THE BOARD EXAM. (Midwifery and Nurse Licensure Examination.)
After ILANG YEARS. Echos! MONTHS na paghihintay at dating balikbalik na ako sa PRC, AVAILABLE na LICENSE ko.
Can’t wait na makuha ko na ang license ko NEXT WEEK. =)))))))
Ang PUSO. BOW
Ang PUSO ng tao, iisa lamang, kaya kung magmamahal ka paisa-isa lang o isa lang.
Ano ka, STOMACH, na kung ilan ang maisipan mo ipasok dyan at patambakin, kapag hindi ka matunawan ay isusuka mo din at iiwan na lang. Hindi ganoon ang PAG-IBIG.
Kung ayaw mong masaktan, gamitin mo si BRAIN ng maayos para naman hindi kawawa si HEART sa huli. Ikaw din, minsan ang sakit sa puso hindi nadadala sa MORPHINE o ano mang ANALGESICS o PAIN RELIEVERS. Kasi minsan hindi natin namamalayan, may DRUG TOLERANCE ka na doon. Kung baga, namanhid ka na sa epekto nito.
ALLERGIC RHINITIS. :z
Nakakainis kapag may lakad ka at mayroon kang sipon lalo pa kung ALLERGIC RHINITIS. Prone talaga kasi ako sa ALLERGIC RHINITIS. Ayaw na ayaw ko lang talaga kasi kapag:
- Ang ilong ko talaga parang RUDOLPH THE RED NOSE REINDEER.
- Kung maka-Sneeze naman ako ay parang wala ng bukas.
- RUNNY ROSE or CORYZA kung baga, ayaw na ayaw ko. Para tuloy akong maliit na bata na sipunin. :(
- Mata ko may PERIORBITAL EDEMA (kung saan namamaga siya, parang may eyebags na mukhang Chinese na ako.)
- Irritated pa ako at ayaw ko masyadong makipag-usap.
Kailangan may dala ka laging tissue o kaya panyo or worst face towel para marelease lang ang dapat ilabas na “sticky fluids” na yan. - pero clear siya ah. =))
Kapag ganito ang nararamdaman ko, mas gusto kong:
- Nakahiga maghapon.
- Uminom ng maraming tubig. (Pinaka the best in a way kasi kapag uminom ka ng tubig, ilalabas mo din yan, mawawash ang mga microorganisms.)
- Kumain ng foods rich in Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid).
At lastly, kapag hindi madala sa mga nasabi sa taas.
- GAMOT! Antihistamine. (Mapapasarap lalo ang tulog ko.)
Dahil nurse na nurse ako, lagi kasi nauuna ang INDEPENDENT FUNCTION kung saan gagawin muna lahat ng NURSE ang puedeng interventions na puede niya gawin bago magresort sa DOCTOR at MEDICAL INTERVENTIONS kung saan ito naman ang tinatawag na DEPENDENT FUNCTION.
Ayan, mamaya na lang ulit ako magbloblog if ever, aalis ako ngayon dahil nga nurse na nurse, aattend muna ako ng CHILDREN PROTECTION PROTOCOL Orientation sa work ko. Gotta Gos. Laytor Alligators. *wave* =))
Ayos lang ang umiyak. :’)
Basta, huwag mong kakalimutang uminom ng tubig pagkatapos. Nabawasan ka ng fluids eh. Baka madehydrate ka. =)
Airway ka ba:
Ikaw kasi ang priority ko, eh.
Sterile OS ka ba:
Kasi nagdurugo ang puso ko. Pwede ba, pigilan mo?
Pick-up forcep ka ba:
Kasi gusto ko ikaw lang ang dadampot sa sterile kong puso.
Beta blocker ka ba:
Lahat kasi ng generic ‘nun nagtatapos sa -olol, eh, -olol na -olol na kasi ako sa kakaisip sa’yo.
Lithium ka ba:
kasi you stabilize my mood.
Vitamin C ka ba:
Bumilis kasi ang wound healing ng puso ko nang dumating ka.
Kulang yata ako sa Vitamin B1:
Kasi I’m BERIBERI in love with you.
Plasma ka ba:
FROZEN kasi ako sa FRESH smile mo, eh.
RBC (Red Blood Cell) ka ba:
Nocturnal ka ba:
Lagi ka kasing gising t’wing gabi, eh. Namamasyal sa panaginip ko.
Nurse ka ba:
Registered ka na kasi sa puso ko.
May “Heart Problem” ako, kaya I’m eating lots of Banana. - Rich in “Potassium”. #NurseIsTalking
ECG ng LOVE.
ECG (ElectroCardioGram) - kung saan nakikita mo ang graph ng waves g iyog puso sa bawat “contractions” nito at “relxation”. =)
- NORMAL SINUS RHYTHM - kung saan nasa NORMAL na tibok ag puso mo at nasa tamang bilis ito at walag halong ibang tunog kundi “Lub Dub”.
- TACHYCARDIA - kung saan mas mabilis sa normal ang takbo at tibok ng puso mo
- PREVENTRICULAR CONTRACTIONS - kung saan ang puso nati ay nag-“skip a beat” na nangyari sa ating mga ventricles.
- ASYSTOLE - kung saan nakikita sa mga taong patay na o kaya naman ay hindi lag masyadong maayos ang pagkakabit ito sa monitor, kung saan wala ng “current” or “conduction” na dumadaloy sa puso natin, hindi na ito tumitibok.
EROTOMANIA. - a type of delusion where the affected person believes that a stranger, a popular star, famous or well-known is IN LOVE with him or her.
In short, feelingera. =))))